Getting to set up mode if I cannot reach the camera

Is there an alternate way to get a Ring Spotlight cam to set up mode? The camera is too high up and I cannot reach it. We changed our internet provider and now need to re-set it. We rented a ladder when we installed it and I would hate to have to rent it again just to push the button!

thanks

Hi @Lu22. There is not a way to remotely put the camera in setup mode. If the camera is offline, there is no way to communicate with it. If this is a powered device, you can unplug it for a few seconds, then plug it back it. I hope this helps.

1 Like

And this is another reason why I hate ring so much. How can we climb up on snow and ice roof to press the lousy button just to change wifi password!!! I wish I didn’t spend money I didn’t have to spend to buy all their products and many cameras as I feel now I’m stuck with Ring and now can’t do something so simple without falling off a roof!!!

1 Like

Same issue here. All of our lights are up high, we’ll have to hire someone to come reset the buttons. I’m sorry we didn’t go with another brand.