Ring Alarm

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring Alarm and Ring Alarm Pro.
M
Getting Push Notifications even though it's turned off
app-settings
troubleshooting

Help.

Android app user and ever since I updated the Ring App I’ve been getting the following Push Notification every time it’s Disarmed:

Ring1

[“Property” is now disarmed. Tap to view your Even Summary.]

It’s so annoying.
Never happened to me before and I’ve already checked
Settings–> Alert settings -->Alarm–> Push notifications–> OFF–> Save.

Despite this still getting Pushes with the message and only Disarm messages.

1. I know I can disable all Push notifications via the Android Operating System but I dont want that - I just want the Ring App to respect that I dont want Push Notifications. And sometimes I will turn Push On and customize what I want but the “Disarm Notification” is bypassing all user authorizations.
  2. I’ve called and filed a ticket already with Ring. They had me log in and out, Toggle the Push off and on, Uninstall and Reinstall, nothing works, still getting that PUSH notification.

I can’t be the only one experiencing this…already there is a Reddit about it.

14-02-2024 01:25:29

Responses (1)

J

Hi @MM241us. I was able to find this post where other neighbors have shared the same concern. As mentioned by Caitlyn in that post, they have brought this to our team’s attention, and it is now being looked into.

15-02-2024 04:23:19

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User