Getting motion alerts even when motion alerts are disabled

I’m struggling with motion alerts with a recently installed spotlight cam. The camera indicates motion is disabled on the location screen when launching the Ring app, motion alerts are turned off in the device view, and the motion zones are all set to off in motion settings. I’m at a loss.

I have no need for any motion alerts for this particular camera, and I don’t see why I am receiving them. Any ideas?

-Mike

1 Like

Hi @semaniac, have you tried reaching out to our support team? It seems like you’ve covered all your bases with turning everything off, so they can take a deeper look into this and do more in-depth troubleshooting with you. Please reach out to them here whenever you have a chance and let us know how it goes!

I’ll give it a shot. The camera is at a remote location, so I will ping them the next time I am close to it so I can create motion events on demand!

-Mike

1 Like

Hello! I had this problem and discovered that the motion alerts were coming from the “Rapid Ring” app installed. I had disabled Motion Alerts for the camera in the “RIng” App but not also the “Rapid Ring” app. Once I disabled it in both the motion alerts for the camera stopped on my phone.

I hope this helps. If it was a different issue please share your solution as well.