Getting charged again after upgrade?

I recently upgraded my first generation Ring to a Ring 3 Plus. I was already paying for ‘saving my videos’ with the previous Ring. I have an alert on my app that I only have a certain amount of free time left. Will it go back to my regularly (already paid for) subscription after this free time? Or am I going to get reset and have to start over? Spoilers: I’m not going to be happy if this messes up my existing account!

Hi @MDWyatt. When you set up a device for the first time, you will get a free 30 day trial of the Protect Plus Plan. This will always override what plan was there before, but after the trial is over, any other plan you’ve had should continue on post trial. In the effort of ensuring you do not have to worry about this, you can contact our support team who can verify your account is set up that way so that you do not have a lapse in plan. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Well, that’s not what happened at all.

I had a Ring and a subscription. I bought another Ring and disabled my first one. I was put on a trial, and as soon as the trial ended, Ring decided to end my original subscription. Exactly what I hoped would not happen but completely expected to happen… and exactly the opposite of what you said would happen.

@MDWyatt So sorry that happened, but our support team can most certainly clear this up for you! Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to come back and let me know if they’re able to take care of this for you! :slight_smile: