Getting audio recording but video is frozen + login issue

I bought Certified Refurbished: Ring Video Doorbell Pro & Ring Chime Pro, Indoor Chime and Wi-Fi Extender devices in April 2021. They worked fine until this summer when I began experiencing video freezes. It can be frightening to see a person walking toward the door only to have the image freeze and hear the person on the porch. It has gotten worse. I went through the troubleshooting steps and no problem was detected.

A required login (times out after 30 days) meant that I could not see who was as the door. I’m 78 with vision problems and a tremor and the login process is difficult for me and not something I’m capable of doing quickly.

I don’t know which of these devices is failing and, moreover, how to find a system that does not require repeated logins. I’m distraught.

Hi @mcdanielth. You are able to use the Ring app on a smart phone or tablet to always stay logged in and not have to be logged out every 30 days like on our website. As for your video freezing on your Video Doorbell, try the following steps:

We also have this Help Center article here with other steps you can try for your concern. If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.