Geofence not sending notifications

Hi,

I hope someone can help.

Geofence is set up correctly and all notification settings are correctly turned on but we are still not receiving any notification when leaving the house?

This is on a Samsung phone & is only activated on the phone. Tried calling ring but they didn’t know.

Any solutions please ?

1 Like

Hi there, @Amyj25! The Geofence feature will send alerts to remind you to arm or disarm your modes. This will work for Alarm users and those who use Modes with Cameras. Please ensure all other notification preferences are being enabled in the Ring app and on your mobile device. Location settings are important for Geofence to work as intended on your mobile device. Check for and disabled any vpn, as well as remove any android apps that conflict with the Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi this isn’t the issue all settings have been checked for location preferences etc

App has been uninstalled & reinstalled & is still not working

Thank you
Amy

I have tried all settings today including mobile data settings and location settings as well as VPNs etc there are none and I cannot seem to see a reason as to why this isn’t working

Please advise
Amy

Hi @Amyj25. Happy to chime in here for Marley. This is something that might require our support team to take a closer look at. They should be able to identify why Geofence is not working for you and implement a fix for your situation.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I am having the same problem and none of the suggested fixes solve the issue. Am about ready to disable the fence.

Same issue here. It was working at one point but has now stopped…any update or solution?

1 Like

I called before uploading this comment with no luck as the person did not seem to understand why it was doing this?

I still have no fix unfortunately.

1 Like

Sorry to hear about this neighbors! As mentioned in our Community post about Geofence, the only alerts you should receive are Alarm arm/ disarm reminders and the notifications that proceed when auto-snooze is disabled.

Here is our Geofence troubleshooting help center article which lists location sharing, poor network connectivity, airplane mode, and battery saver preferences as potential variables to watch out for, among others. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Having the same problem, do bot receive any notifications. Article is not helpful. Have spent 3hrs on the phone with support w/ no solution. A long awaited feature is useless & very frustrating to not get any answers

Thank you for trying those steps, @TT! If you have not already, please try disabling and re-enabling the Geofence feature in your Ring app. The steps to do so can be found the aforementioned help center article. In the meantime, I will be sharing this feedback with our teams here.

For any other neighbors having the same concern, please try the steps mentioned previously in this thread, as well as check for Modes settings, Motion Scheduling, or even Motion Snooze options that you might have set in your Ring app. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Same issue for me - no geofence functionality. Arm/disarm alerts don’t work and neither does auto-snooze on arrival.

Same here,works fine one day then nothing

Hey neighbors! If this concern is persisting, despite trying all the steps mentioned previously in this thread, please ensure there is not a vpn enabled on your mobile device. Try also reconfiguring your Geofence settings to save the changes.

If none of the steps above or in this thread help to resolve this, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.