Gen2 Keypad Lights Stay On

I have a problem with one of my keypads. Once it detects motion, the lights stay on until I press any button on it, killing the battery faster than normal. What are some suggestions I can try or is this a defective keypad? Thanks.

Hi @th3awak3n1ng. I would try rebooting your Keypad. This can be done with the small pushpin that cam with your mounting hardware, or use something similar like a paperclip. Once you have something similar to that said, get the Keypad and look at the back side. You’ll see a small hole that will fit the pushpin. Simply insert the pushpin in there and tap the reset button. This will reboot your keypad and it should resume normal operation. I hope this helps!

Thanks. That did seem to help for a day but it resumed its previous behavior. It stays fully lit for minutes on end after motion has stopped. It does eventually turn off but it is draining the battery.

Thanks for trying that out @th3awak3n1ng! It is possible the light is being initiated by motion. The Keypad has a power save mode that can be toggled on or off, via the Keypad settings in your Ring app. As mentioned in our Keypad help center article, when power save mode is off, Mode buttons light up when motion is detected. Additionally, the Keypad numbers will light up when it’s dark and a button is pressed or motion is detected.

I recommend checking on this power save setting, and for any objects, movement, or changes in lighting nearby, that might be causing the Keypad to illuminate. If this concern persists, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: