Gen 2 doorbell stuck on firmware update

My one device, after charging, wouldn’t connect so I reset it and set it back up. A firmware update was forced and it’s frozen at 90% and the battery drains fast despite detection being at minimum, no snapshots etc. Only had it a few weeks! Noticed a few people with the same issue.

1 Like

Omg I’m having the same problem… someone help lol

1 Like

Same it’s stuck on 90%, i did try to delete it and start the setup again like 4 times and it doesn’t work it’s still stuck at 90%

1 Like

Hi neighbors! Here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try if your Ring Doorbell is stuck on a firmware update:

• Disconnect the Doorbell from power for at least 1 minute and then reconnect it to power. If your Doorbell has a removable battery, make sure to remove the battery and ensure it’s fully charged as well.
  • Reset your Doorbell by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once this reset is done, try setting the Doorbell back up in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this issue persists and these steps don’t help the firmware update finish, please contact our support team at one of the numbers available here . If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This is a widely known issue and yes, I’ve contacted the support team. After their efforts failed, their advice was to upgrade to a new doorbell and offered me a 35% discount. Why would I continue to spend money with a company that can’t keep firmware available for more than a year? Very disappointed.

2 Likes