Gen 1 Ring Doorbell - No motion, ring button doesn't work, won't spin white

I have a Gen.1 doorbell that suddenly went dark this morning. Stopped detecting motion and the ring button press doesn’t work anymore. Live view from the app was working though.

• Within the Ring app it said that it’s online, connected, stable, battery over 90%, etc. Looks fine.
  • Reset my internet just to be sure. Usually pointless, but try everything.
  • Tested internet connection on Ring app, no issues.
  • Removed the device from my account to try and start over… (try everything!)

And now I cannot continue the setup as the I can’t get the white spinning light. Pressing the orange button briefly does nothing. Pressing it for like 5 or 10 seconds seems to make it reboot? flashes white then starts blinking blue for maybe 15 seconds and then stops.
Feels similar to when I had a Ring chime that died. Couldn’t get it back into setup mode.

Assuming the doorbell is dead, but maybe somebody knows a way to get it back.

EDIT:
Nope, spoke too soon. The doorbell button only worked once. Seems motion detection is working though.

I’ve reset it twice more and motion appears to work, but the button to ring the doorbell doesn’t appear to do anything anymore.

1 Like

Hi @Zapix. It seems like you’ve run through all of the basic troubleshooting steps I would have recommended, including doing a full reset. Since you’re still experiencing lingering issues with the Doorbell, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here so they can take a closer look. They’ll run through all applicable troubleshooting steps and review the Doorbell’s warranty to determine the best solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: