Gen 1 Doorbell Not Picking Up Motion

Hello,

My Ring shows that it has a strong connection. I even purchased a wifi extender to make sure it’s wifi signal stays strong. It’s still extrememly spotty in picking up motion. A package was just delivered in front of the camera and no motion was picked up. I’ve attached a file to show how the delivery person was literally in the camera view for at least 2-3 minutes to deliver the package yet nothing was picked up. Please advise

Hi @SSLEE88. There may be a few settings that need to be adjusted. Your Motion Frequency will determine how much dwell time is in between recordings. Your Motion Settings will set the area for where motion is picked up. Even though you have a good wifi signal, try rebooting your internet router to see if that offers any improvement. I hope this information helps!

I restarted the modem at least twice a month hoping to get some improvement which it doesn’t. I have set the mode area to the exact area that leads up to my door. I’ve tried frequent and standard motion frequency and neither solve my issue.

Hey @SSLEE88 . Since none of the above mentioned tips seem to have offered any improvement, I would reach out to our support team to assist you with this concern. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

Was there a solution to this bc I have the same issue. It will pick up me when I come and go but I’ve had several deliveries on different days with no motion detected.

I am having problems. My ring doesn’t pick up motions. Or it picks up now and then. How can I fix this problem I bought the ring to see who comes to my door and that does not happen.