Free yard sign - out of stock?

Just signed up for Ring Protect monitoring and got the e-mail with a coupon code for a free yard sign. Clicked on the “redeem” link and the page it took me to showed the sign is “out of stock.” I know the offer said “while supplies last” but as a new customer if the free signs are already gone, maybe they shouldn’t send out a code? Or is this a temporary stock issue and I’ll be able to order a sign eventually?

Hi there, @windracer! I’m not seeing this promotion being displayed on Ring.com at this time, however, the coupon code you have should work, unless it has expired. These coupons are while supplies last, in which there are currently bundles containing Yard Signs on our Promotions Page. I recommend reaching out to our support team, in which our chat support (if available in your region) should be able to assist with this promotion or any other promotion you may be unable to use a code for.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Thanks Marley. I tried the support chat and they told me to just add the sign to my cart and then use the code, but it doesn’t work (not valid for items in cart). It looks like the sign for the code shows “24/7 monitoring” and the normal one in the store does not. So two different signs apparently. Chat told me to try and call sales so I guess I’ll do that next.

Here’s the difference I’m seeing:

My promo code takes me to the lower sign, and won’t work if I add the upper sign to my cart.

Ok, this is disappointing. I was told the promo is over.

Why send a brand new customer an e-mail for a promo that’s over?

Hey @windracer! Thank you so much for returning to keep us updated on this. Sorry to hear this promotion ended, before you could use it. I will certainly pass this example along to our teams for future consideration in an improved neighbor experience.

We are always having sales and promotions available to new and existing neighbors! Keep an eye on your account email or at Ring.com for any promo opportunities.

While it may not be promised, nor a Security Yard Sign, our Scout for Ring Animals Community Contest could potentially win you a device. Check it out and see if you can join in! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @windracer - thanks for the flag… I’m gonna check on this with the team. I’ll let you know what we find!

Thanks, Jennifer, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Hi Jennifer. I just happened to click on the “redeem offer” link in the e-mail again today and the sign was listed as “in stock.” I was able to add it to my cart, redeem the code, and place an order for the free sign. So thanks for fixing it for me!

1 Like

I have the same problem. Don’t send me a link and code that doesn’t work. Especially when there is zero support by email it seems. I wanted a sign honestly but now I’ll probably get an ADT sign out of spite. They are probably more respected than do it yourself systems anyway.

Hopefully someone at Ring can fix it for you like they did for me. Frustrating that they’re still sending out this e-mail to new customers if the promo is expired though, c’mon Ring!

@Jennifer_Ring , it seems that I am also having this same issue. I get an email telling me I get a complementary sign. I click the link in the email, and it takes me to a sign that is just discounted $3 with nowhere to enter the promo code in the email. Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you, @windracer for updating this thread on what worked for you!

For other neighbors with a similar concern, reaching out to our support team is the best next step. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Thank you. :slight_smile: