"Footage Unavailable" on Indoor Camera

I have both the outdoor and indoor stick up cameras. My outdoor camera has been great and I love the ability to see previous footage throughout the day even when there hasn’t been an event to trigger a motion alert. My indoor cam, however, only lets me view footage when something sets off a motion alert or I opt to check the live view. Whenever I go back through the history everything is blacked out and it says footage unavailable.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I have tried to reinstall the app numerous times but this didn’t do anything. Thank you.

Same here, i think major problem at Ring side!

Hey neighbors! If you are seeing that your device has unavailable footage, please try resetting the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds. After this time has passed, go into your Ring app > Main Menu > Devices > Device in question > Device Health > Change or Reconnect to Wifi Network. This will take you through another setup of your device to ensure it is up to date and working as it should. Once you have completed this, monitor the device for the next 24 hours to ensure you can see all footage. :slight_smile:

Hi Chelsea, thanks for the reply - unfortunately doing this didn’t solve the issue. When pressing the top of the device it says it’s updating it’s internal software…but then nothing happens. The light doesn’t flash, no update occurs. I’ve tried a few times and get the same message about a software update. Please advise.

@lyssinflannel Thanks for getting back to me! Since the firmware will not update and the reset does not address this, could you please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here? We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Let me know how this goes for you! :slight_smile: