Footage unavailable between motions?

December 21st and still getting “this footage is not available” for snapshot capture by cameras all the time, every.time. Inconsistently with doorbell. You’ve known it was an issue for several months now. Why offer this if you can’t support it?

I am having problems with my ring saying footage is unavailable. This happened suddenly since 29th Dec 2020. I have reinstalled the app and removed the front door device and reinstalled. I cannot even get a live view anymore. I have had this less than a year as a gift from my dad. I am disappointed as there is no support or fix for this online.

Same issue here. Bought the ring doorbell 3 and I have patches where it says unavailable between motions. This has hindered the reason with it being bought as our tyres got slashed on the car 2 nights ago. Defeats the purpose of security.

Really disappointed as I’ve just bought a second battery so we can keep it on maximum at all times due to ■■■■■ neighbours and I was considering buying more security cameras but I may need to rethink and look at other available devices elsewhere.

Exactly same issue with me. That’s disappointing because with me also snapshots were working but footage isn’t available for small timeslots randomly.

Why are we all having such difficulty with such expensive products? I have the same problem. I have an indoor cam that does not give me past footage. It says footage not available.

I recently purchased to Ring Camera’s they also have delays between the video footage. While I’m watching recorded video footage that was pre-recorded the night before and it switches over there is a total blank spot. Therefore I miss exactly what it is I was waiting to see happen. Ring you need to correct this problem. There’s no solution on the purchasers end it’s your problem. It’s you’re screwup on your video recordings. Fix it so it Records 24/7 thats what people are paying you for on the paid recording plan. FIX IT.

Please be aware that you will only be able to see footage in your timeline of videos that were recorded from motion, dings or snapshots (if this last feature is enabled). Other than those events, there may be some gaps in the timeline where the Ring device was not picking up anything and had nothing to record/report on.

If you are seeing a message that footage is unavailable, I recommend double checking that your Ring Protect Plan is on an active subscription, that your device is online, and capturing any motion in front of it (test yourself). In the event you need additional help troubleshooting, checking on your subscription or testing the device, please reach out to our support team here.

1 Like