Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
U
Footage is missing in large time gaps…
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
motion-settings

I’ve noticed that our cameras run on an hourly to two hour basis. But there are times when a whole XXXX hours is just missing. I know for sure the cams catch motion and feed like hourly, and sometimes it’ll skip maybe three hours or even a slight 30 min or so. But is it really possible that Ring isn’t catching a single thing for 8+ hours? Or is someone deleting footage intentionally?

12-05-2024 11:03:47

Responses (2)

C

Hi @user82169. As you know, Ring Cameras do not record continuously, only when motion is detected or the Live View is activated. You can also turn on the Snapshot Capture feature to have snapshot images taken at regular intervals, giving you an idea of what’s going on between actual motion events or Live Views.

If there is nothing in the Event History for 8 hours, it is very possible there was nothing happening in range of your Ring Cameras. The only person able to delete videos would be the owner of the device, which is whoever set the Ring device up under their account.

14-05-2024 08:02:36

U

Yeah I switched over from Nest.  I'm very frustrated with this.  Maybe Ring can do some kind of update?

Ring is superior for speed when the doorbell is rang to notification, but Nest definitely has them beat with constant video recording.

08-07-2024 07:38:53

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User