FloodLights Stay On - Can't Turn Off

Finished installing the floodlights and I cant turn the lights off? they dont respond to the app?

Need help!!!

Hey @erikarreola! It sounds like you Floodlight Cam is not yet connected to your home wifi. Please complete a setup in the Ring app of this Floodlight Cam until it successfully connects to your wifi. Once connected, the toggles and settings in the app should work as intended. If they do not, please ensure bluetooth and VPN are disabled on your mobile device, as well as trying this on cell data only, or wifi only. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help, but sadly the WiFi is connected to the camera…lights are still on…

Thanks for the update @erikarreola. The above steps should have improved operation with light toggles in the app and your Floodlight Cam. Another step worth trying is to power cycle the Cam by flipping the switch or breaker designated for it off and back on. If this still does not resolve your concern, I recommend reaching out to our support team who will be happy to assist with more in-depth troubleshooting steps! :slight_smile:

Wow this is a known issue with the app or cameras. Either you can’t turn it off or back on and the troubleshooting replies are pathetic. This issue needs to be corrected ASAP. Or I’m going to start filing a BBB complaint because you are selling devices that are supposed to be reliable and work properly.

1 Like

My lights won’t shut off either. The minute I save the “off” settings and go back in they are on again and it’s the factory default. Not my original light settins. Can’t sit on our deck,have to throw a box over the camera.

Still can’t turn lights off, disappointing to say the least. I believe they know and just won’t fix the situation. I would return it but I had to pay an electrician to come out and replace the old light…disappointed. Help…

Hi neighbors. As mentioned previously in this thread, the best first step will be to ensure your Floodlight Cam is online with a reliable connection to wifi. Once connected, the toggles and settings in the app should work as intended. If they do not, please ensure bluetooth and VPN are disabled on your mobile device, as well as trying this on cell data only, or wifi only.

Try also to remove and reinstall the Ring app on your mobile device. If this does not resolve your concern, please reach out to our support team by phone for more in-depth troubleshooting. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

This issue needs to be corrected ASAP. Or I’m going to start filing a BBB complaint because you are selling devices that are supposed to be reliable and work properly.

Hey @erikarreola. Chiming in for Marley here! As we are a neighbor to neighbor support forum, if you find that you are unable to get your device to function properly with the recommendations given here, it is encouraged to contact our support team. They can take a look into the device and your specific account to help get this addressed for you as soon as possible. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19. This has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.