Floodlight won’t turn off

Hi

I have a floodlight camera (not installed by me, installed by ex husband so my knowledge is limited). I’ve noticed recently, tonight especially, the light just won’t turn off unless manually turned off in the app to not come on at all, which there isn’t really much point for! Not to mention the fact by bills have just shot up as my fixed tariff ended, so I definitely won’t afford to have a light on all the time when it’s dark.

I’ve lessened the sensitivity, motion zones in light settings and camera settings, turned it off and on at the source, removed the hanging topiary ball (which used to set it off on occasion but not like this), closed lounge curtains in case TV was setting it off… I’m stumped. I can’t see anything when looking up at the sensor (though I’ll have to get on a step tomorrow when it’s light outside).

From what I can gather online other people have had this issue and it’s a software issue, but can anyone advise please?

Thank you in advance!

1 Like

Hi @veeeffdee. The lights on your Floodlight Cam will come on every time motion is detected as long as it’s dark enough outside. You can control the Motion Zones for Lights under Device Settings > Light Settings to lessen the sensitivity for the lights specifically. It’s also a good idea to check for anything that may be triggering the motion detection, such as sources of heat or reflective surfaces.

I’d recommend rebooting the Camera in the Ring app if the light is consistently on and you cannot locate any potential triggers. Tap the menu in the top left > Devices > your Floodlight Cam > Device Health > scroll to the bottom and tap “Reboot this Device”. The reboot will take a few minutes.

1 Like