Floodlight strobing and one bulb gone

Hi, I had a floodlight camera installed in August 2020 which I have a receipt for. Over a week ago, one of the lights stopped working. A few days later, the light is now flashing on and off when motion is detected. I called ring customer services and went through the troubleshooting steps, but it’s still the same. I was told that I’m not entitled to anything apart from a discount code to purchase a new camera as it’s over the 2 year warranty period. I don’t understand how customers can be treat like this… especially when I have multiple items with yourselves and a monthly subscription fee. It’s also unfair that I have to pay money for an electrician to do the work again (during a cost of living crisis!) The camera has been up for 3 years and 3 months… electrical products should last atleast 5 years, so this is unacceptable. After doing some research on your forums, it seems many other people have had the same issue around the same time…therefore this is a common fault that hasn’t been addressed by you, you just expect customers to purchase new cameras… I’ve contacted trading standards, and I would like to know how you are dealing with this fault? There is no complaints procedure in place.

1 Like

Hi @user68606. If you have a Ring Protect Plan in place, your device may be covered under the extended warranty. You can learn more about that here. Our devices come with a 1 year limited warrants, which you can read about here. Choosing to have a electrician may or may not be a requirement for installation of your Floodlight Cam, as mentioned here. Thanks for you feedback about this concern. If you need more assistance, feel free to reach out via private message on Facebook.