Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
D
Floodlight pro phone alerts?
hardwired-security-cameras
app-settings
android
troubleshooting
Hi all, I just bought and installed four Ring flood light camera pro systems on my home. Thus far everything appears to be working properly including camera synchronization, motion detection, bird's-eye view, etc. However I have noticed that when the system detects motion at night, and turns on the lights and begins recording, the only alert I get on my phone is my phone's normal notification sound. I have a Samsung Galaxy flip 4, and the sound is not enough to wake me up at night. I don't see any settings in the Ring app where I can change this to an alarm that will actually wake me up at night. Additionally, looking through my phone it appears I can change the notification sound and volume for my phone but this changes it for ALL of my applications which would wake me up way too much at night. Is there anway or any setting, I can change so my phone will alert and wake me up at night of the motion sensors detect someone on my property? Other than the systems setting off the outdoor siren on the floodlight itself, which will wake up the whole neighborhood. Otherwise this system is kinda useless to me.

22-11-2023 07:07:30

Responses (3)

D
Hello? Anyone from support on here?

23-11-2023 06:05:23

D
So it would appear posting on this forum and actually expecting help from Ring support is pointless?

25-11-2023 06:21:24

T
Hi @DougD82. When posting during a holiday weekend, I can take a few days to get back to you. Notifications for the Ring app will mirror the settings on your phone. There is not a way to have Ring notifications very loud and others quiet. You can learn more about notifications [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/211676423-How-to-Troubleshoot-Ring-Notification-Issues-for-Android-Devices).

27-11-2023 05:30:10

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

27-12-2023 05:30:55

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User