Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T
Floodlight Pro burning?
hardwired-security-cameras
Hello, I’ve searched google and this forum but haven’t found a related article. I’ve had my doorbell since ‘20 and purchased the floodlight pro in June of ‘21. The floodlight is hardwired in place of our outdoor sconce and the indoor switch has a cover over it, to prevent powering off. The past few months it’s been offline and I tried resync, power cycle, holding all the buttons but it seemed to be dead. I swapped an Edison base that tested fine, so I know the terminal is getting power. I reconnected the Ring floodlight and it’s still dead. Upon further inspection the rear of the base on the floodlight body has yellow/brown discoloring on some of the text where the three wires come out. And it appears to have a bulge in the resin by the discoloration. Similar to a blown lithium battery or a capacitor. Nothing else in my house has had a surge or power issue. The breaker was not tripped. I see these have a 1 year warranty, but I wanted to know if 1. Is this normal? 2. If not, is Ring was aware of this? 3. Was there a recall or am I SOL? Going forward I’ll be getting the GeekSquad plan to cover these types of issues… ![image|375x500](upload://oeYnoHSQyIz8RTduC1Qs5hYyFWV.jpeg) Tom, from Michigan.

06-11-2023 06:58:12

Responses (2)

T
![image|375x500](upload://enHcD795Vt1T8Yli1F0W8z4ctx2.jpeg)

06-11-2023 06:59:22

T
Hi @Tommy88. Thanks for providing these pictures. Please send us a private message on Facebook or Twitter @Ring so we can take a closer look into this.

06-11-2023 07:47:32

S
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-12-2023 07:47:46

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User