Floodlight does not stay on

The floodlights on all my Floodligh Cams do not stay on after I turned them on using either the light I can’t in the camera view or in Lights menu and the lights group. They stay on for a short amount of time and then I find them off again. And this is despite me checking that I have selected “Activate until I turn them off”!

How do I get them to stay on permanently or at least until the next day when the sun is up?

@Roboman wrote:

The floodlights on all my Floodlight Cams do not stay on after I turned them on using either the light I can’t in the camera view or in Lights menu and the lights group. They stay on for a short amount of time and then I find them off again. And this is despite me checking that I have selected “Activate until I turn them off”!

How do I get them to stay on permanently or at least until the next day when the sun is up?

Hello @Roboman ,

Since this is happening to all your Ring Floodlights, it is unlikely that it is the camera themselves that are causing this strange behavior. I suspect it might be something with your Ring App on your smart-phone that you are using to control your lights. I would recommend you log off your Ring App, uninstall your Ring App, then power down your phone, then restart your phone, and re-install the Ring App. Don’t worry about having to set all your previous settings again, since they are stored on the Ring server for your Ring account (they are not stored on your phone itself). Almost all the settings will be as you last had them, although you might have to re-select the App Alert Tones/Chirp Tones because sometimes these revert back to default settings.

If your issue persists after re-installing your Ring App, your should telephone Ring Support for additional help at:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Get-in-Touch

Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19, their available hours have been changed also:

https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360041597471-Ring-s-Response-to-COVID-19

I hope this information is helpful in resolving your issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like