Floodlight camera one light flickers

Hey, ring community so my floodlight camera is a year old now and now I’m having trouble with just one light. It keeps flickering and then sometimes stays on then starts flickering again. Is anyone experiencing the same issue or have yall had the same issue if so what did yall do any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Haven’t seen anyone in the forum haev this particular problem. You might want to dismount the fixture and check to make sure there isn’t a loose wire. If not, I would call support and try to get it replaced.

1 Like

i have the same problem

1 Like

Hi @cateto! The first thing I recommend checking is for any light switches in the home that might be controlling this Floodlight Cam. It’s best to ensure a dimmer or specialty switch isnt interfering due to setting, or a nearby object touching it. Try also power cycling the Floodlight Cam, by flipping the breaker switch or light switch, off and on.

If this does not resolve your concern, feel free to reach out to our support team for more further assistance. :slight_smile:

I have had my floodlight for a year and half and just 2 days ago i see one light just flickers and is not working properly. Very annoying because our neighbor has to deal with it in his window. I tried reseting it and still flickering. Any advise?

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem! What should I do?

1 Like

Hi there, @ana5! It is odd for just one of your Floodlights on the Camera to flicker. The best step will be to power cycle the Camera by turning power off then back on after a couple moments. If light issues still persist, our support team can take a closer look at this for you.

Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support.

I have the same problem. With one of my cameras the lights are basically strobing and the other one just has a dim flicker and red lights on the bottom of the camera

Starting to have the same issues with my floodlight. One light is flickering. I plan on cutting power to it for a minute to see if that helps. Just wondering what the estimated lifespan of these are? I think your newer cameras don’t cover longer distances if its like the newer doorbell cameras.

1 Like

I got the flickering to stop but now lights are very very dim. I’m afraid at this point to change out with a new light since the camera distance with the new one is far shorter than the original lights. I discovered that with my doorbell camera.