Floodlight Camera not maintaining Wifi Connection

Hi,

I have a new Floodlight Cam, which is dropping it’s Wifi connection after 2 - 3 minutes.
The RSSI is -35. The Cam is connected to it’s own dedicated Wireless AP, on it’s own dedicated SSID, which is on a channel with no other SSIDs.
I’ve done a factory reset, and my firmware is saying that it is up to date.
When i try and do a Live View, even in the 2 -3 minutes where it is connected, I get the Failed to Connect message.
Hopefully someone has some other ideas on what i could do next.

Thanks
Adrian

So a little bit more information…
While I can see the device connected to my Wifi network, the light underneath is blinking like it is in set up mode, and then it seems to restart

Hi @AdrianWatson01. Good call to check the RSSI first as that is a measure of your Floodlight Cam’s connection to your wifi network. Since the RSSI looks good but your Cam is still disconnecting, a good step to try is a quick reset and fresh setup. You can reset your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. Once that’s done, follow the steps under Set Up a Device to reconnect it to your wifi network. This will reset the Floodlight Cam as well as refresh its connection with your wifi network as well as with the Ring App. Let me know if that resolves this concern for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like