Floodlight camera - no output sound

I bought ring floodlight camera 8SF1P7-BEU0 in November 2020. I had it installed at the end of March this year and it was initially all working fine. For the last couple of weeks there has been no sound if I activate the siren - the lights come on and the red light underneath flashes but no sound. I can also hear audio in live view but if I try to press the button to speak there is no sound coming out.
Does anyone have some advice on how to fix this?

Hi @HarChar. If you haven’t tried a reset yet, I’d definitely recommend a reset to see if you can get the siren and the audio in Live View working properly. To reset the Floodlight Camera, you’ll want to hold down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is complete, you’ll just need to set the Camera up in the Ring App again using the steps under Set Up a Device. If the siren and the audio in the Live View still don’t work after trying that, I’d suggest reaching out to our support team directly for further assistance.

You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile: