Floodlight Camera misses events

Floodlight/Camera misses activity. This happened last week and again today. 2:34pm today 27Oct2020 our weekly garbage pickup truck arrived but no event was recorded, nothing. Cars, people walking dogs, kids playing and miscellaneous other events in the alley activate the camera. The garbage truck is huge, makes lots of noise and moves slowly. I have made no changes, this has been working all summer.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @User000. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the Motion Zones you have set in your Ring App? I’d be happy to take a look and see if I can recommend any adjustments that could help. Was it only this single event that was missed, or does it miss events often? You can read more about how motion detection in Ring devices works in our Help Center Article here.

Caitlyn,

Attached are 3 files: the flood light camera motion setting, a 1pm screen shot of a person walking with a baby stroller, and a 1:12pm screen shot of the trash truck “live view”. Both pictures are from yesterday, 11/10/2020 because my trash pickup is weekly on a Tueday. There were no events between 1pm and 1:12pm, the reason I have the “live view” picture is because I heard the truck; otherwise I would have nothing.

This began about a month ago, it was fine over the summer - I made no changes.

Ideas or suggestions?

Bernie

Caitlyn,

***This second message because on 2 attachments allowed – Motion setting attached to this ***

Attached are 3 files: the flood light camera motion setting, a 1pm screen shot of a person walking with a baby stroller, and a 1:12pm screen shot of the trash truck “live view”. Both pictures are from yesterday, 11/10/2020 because my trash pickup is weekly on a Tueday. There were no events between 1pm and 1:12pm, the reason I have the “live view” picture is because I heard the truck; otherwise I would have nothing.

This began about a month ago, it was fine over the summer - I made no changes.

Ideas or suggestions?

Bernie

Hi @User000. Happy to chime in for Caitlyn here. I would adjust your Motion Frequency. This feature determines the dwell time between recordings and could possibly be the reason why you are missing events. If this continues to happen, I would reach out to our support team to work with you in real time to get this corrected. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

Caitlyn,
Thanks for your response, I’ll contact support. The problem isn’t overlapping events; there were several minutes between the walker and the truck. Last week it recorded 1 truck but not the other 2 - some weeks there are multiple pickups, trash, recycle, and compost; hours between them. Sometimes snapshot will have a truck but no event recorded.

A post was split to a new topic: Camera missing events