Floodlight Cam

I am considering purchasing my first Ring product, a floodlight Cam. I do not have Amazon Echo, I am using Google Home. I have an android phone, apple IPAD and Windows 10 desktop.

1. f I purchase a Ring floodlight Cam, will it work with my devices ?

2. What functionality wll I lose without echo ? I don’t want to have to purchase echo.

3. Do I need a subsription ? Will it work without a subscription .

Thanks !

Hey @Brill, I’d be happy to step in and answer your questions about the Floodlight Cam and how Ring works.

1. The Ring App is available for iOS, Android, Windows, and Mac. The Floodlight Cam will be set up via a smartphone or tablet and then controller through the Ring App, primarily on Android or iOS.
  2. Having an Amazon Alexa enabled device isn’t required to use Ring, but you can review this Help Center Article here to see what that integration provides.
  3. ARing Protect plan subscription is not necessary to use the Floodlight Cam. Without a subscription, you can access the Live View to see what’s happening in real-time. With a subscription, your videos will be saved in the Ring App for up to 60 days to save and review later if needed.

I hope that helps! :slight_smile: