Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
J
Floodlight cam wired pro stops recording for several days
wifi
live-view
chime-pro
troubleshooting
wireless-security-cameras
I've been using a floodlight cam wired pro for about a year, the WiFi strength wasn't great so I added a chimney pro, now both devices report as good signal strength. About a week ago I realised I hadn't had any notifications for 2 or 3 days, I checked the app and nothing had recorded for those days, I couldn't connect to live view either so ended up re-adding the chime and cam to our other network . It worked after this for about a week, again yesterday I realised it has stopped recording for a few days again, live view seemed not to be working but suddenly started again , so seems to have fixed itself. I don't know what's up with it.

22-12-2021 07:59:53

Responses (2)

C
Hi @Jongotham. Have you tried triggering a test motion event when you notice there are no motion events? I'd recommend checking the RSSI on your Floodlight Cam if it's not recording motion when you trigger a test motion event. You can find more information on the RSSI in our Community Post [here](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229#M4). The RSSI is a measure of your Floodlight Cam's connection strength with your wifi network. If the RSSI is on the higher end, it could impact your Floodlight Cam's ability to record motion.

22-12-2021 08:48:41

U
The "check your RSSi " is always the tech answer , every time I call with an issue that is the response , even though the camera records 90% of the time. It can't always be an RSSI issue.

31-08-2022 08:22:04

U
The "check your RSSi " is always the tech answer , every time I call with an issue that is the response , even though the camera records 90% of the time. It can't always be an RSSI issue. After being on hold 2x for 20 min each and then getting disconnected , "tech support" is not a help!

31-08-2022 08:23:11

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User