Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
T
Floodlight Cam Wired Pro offline
hardwired-security-cameras
Hi, it's disappointing that Ring does not have a support email address that I could post a message to, I would have preferred not to post this for everyone to see in case it puts people off the product. I am in Australia and don't have time to try to call the international support line. I am having trouble with my brand new Floodlight Cam Pro wired camera frequently going offline. Initially I was receiving a weak signal message which was resolved by me putting a dlink DAP-1520 wifi extender close to the camera, linked to my Google mesh network. The wifi is now excellent in that location, however the RSSI is still showing a poor signal of -69, with the camera frequently offline. Firmware is up to date. I also have the video doorbell 4 which is working well, and not a big difference in distance from the router. I'm hoping to install another 2 of these camera's however will be unable to unless I can resolve this issue. Can anyone please suggest what I can do here. thanks very much

03-09-2021 05:47:10

Responses (3)

T
I had the exact same issue yesterday morning. The odd thing is it said it was offline but was still sensing motion and recording video. I removed it from wifi and reconnected and it seems better now.

07-09-2021 12:29:53

S
Same issue, I've had these cameras for 3 years and this just started happening. No resolution, when I contacted customer support they told me to get a chime pro. Every time there is a sudden issue and it's very clear MANY customers are dealing with it, they blame it on connection. Even if your connection hasn't changed at all since installation. I understand issues happen, but I don't like being told it's my set up when my setup has been working until now. I don't think it's you. They need to figure this out. They need a support ticket setup instead of a "community" forum.. https://community.ring.com/t/multiple-devices-not-connecting-no-live-view/79371?u=sarahhjaneyy

07-09-2021 03:30:11

T
I'm new to the Ring Community, does Ring ever join the conversations and offer support, or do we need to sort the problems out amongst ourselves ? I couldnt find a way to email them,

08-09-2021 05:46:02

S
I am new as well- as far as I can tell this is a way to get us to troubleshoot amongst ourselves. Ring staff pops in but they tell you the same thing customer support will tell you- basic reboot your wifi, check the RSSI number, see if the connection is bad/too far from router, etc.

08-09-2021 05:40:56

C
Hi neighbors! Welcome to the Ring Community, which is a neighbor-to-neighbor forum meant for neighbor-to-neighbor interaction. Our team is happy to chime in and provide helpful suggestions or resources wherever we can, but we are not a part of the support team and we are not a direct line to the support team. With that said, the [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229#M4) is a great measure for wifi connectivity of your Ring devices. Additionally, distance and building materials amongst other things can affect wifi connectivity and there are various factors to consider if your Ring device is disconnecting frequently. We have a great Help Center Article [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020044511-How-to-Make-Wifi-Work-For-You) that covers some information on how to make your wifi work for you and what factors to consider whenever you're running into concerns like this. If this becomes a persistent concern that none of your troubleshooting efforts work to resolve, then our support team is the best follow up measure. They can pull up your account and do more in-depth troubleshooting with you in order to find the root cause. We don't have a support email available, but you can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360041597471) to see how to contact support. :)

08-09-2021 10:29:42

T
I agree, the guide is not very useful at all. WIFI strength is not a problem. I'm still astounded that my neighbors need to try to help me rather than Ring support. So basically I need to purchase a ring chime PRO (I already have ring chime standard as part of package), and hope this fixes the problem. What do I then do with the other chime. Disappointing.

09-09-2021 11:49:36

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User