Floodlight Cam Wired Pro motion detection too sensitive

The motion detection of my floodlight is too sensitive. It keeps turning on when I’m in the room adjacent to the area where it is installed outdoors and thus creating very distracting feeling. Any way to fix this issue?

FYI I have Floodlight Cam Wired Pro, and right now I’m reading in the living room next to my backyard and the floodlight keeps turning on even though I have blinds and lying down of sofa but still this stupid light keeps turning on every 10-15 seconds!!

1 Like

Hi @user31333. I would suggest by adjusting the Light Settings. You can do this in the Ring app under the Device Settings menu. You can also setup a Light Schedule for times you don’t want to activate the lights. You can learn about that feature here. Let me know if this is helpful!

I had disabled the schedule but the light was being triggered way too easily when it detected motion. I had to adjust the zones and that helped.

Why doesn’t anyone properly answer this question. This has been going on for way too long.

Ring, for the last time… it is not a setting that will resolve this issue.

We know we can turn the lights off or even add a schedule and we appreciate the common sense responses for the last year, but seriously, how can this be resolved?

I will explain for the 17,478 time. We all want the lights to come on if it detects motion, but the light turns off and on all night long even when they’re isn’t motion.

Think of it this way…every three minutes for the entire night your front door neighbor stands at his front door and turns his outdoor front patio light on and then off using a switch inside… yeah, you would be ■■■■■■ at him. Well, that’s happening to so many people and we want it resolved.

I don’t want a schedule or I don’t want to turn it off since that 100% defeats the whole purpose of your product. If someone is waking up to my house adhering the night, I want the lights to go off to help deter them.

Please tell a developer since this is a complex issue. Maybe the sensor for the light is too sensitive?

1 Like

Same issue here. Installed the product two days ago and every night that light goes on and off without any real movement. The sensing appears to be too sensitive. Already lowered to minimum, and changed the zones…
What else to stop this?

Hi @user34240. If you have already adjusted your light settings and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.