Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
A
Floodlight Cam Wired Pro Light won't turn off
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
Hello, I installed a floodlight cam pro about a month ago. All of the sudden tonight the light turns on without any motion. When I toggle it off it turns back on after a few moments. I've seen several other posts here with troubleshooting recommdations. So far I've: -Verified no light schedule is on -Rebooted device from app -Cut power to cam and then turned it back on after several minutes No luck... Anything else you can recommend, or do I need to call customer support? Thanks

07-09-2023 02:39:42

Responses (5)

T
Hi @ArmourMan. Have you adjusted your Light Settings? Do you have any Linked Devices with this cam? Are there any heat sources in the area by the cam? This information will help us determine what is happening.

08-09-2023 08:09:56

A
Hello! I have no linked devices and no heat sources that I know of. No schedules set. I have a solar path light within the field of view of the camera. It flickers sometimes if it doesn't get enough sun. Could that trip the motion sensor feature on my floodlight?

09-11-2023 05:40:15

T
Hi @ArmourMan. Thank you for the response. I suggest adjusting your Light Settings. Try decreasing the size of your Motion Zone for your Lights. Also, when the light comes on, is there also a recording?

09-11-2023 05:45:14

A
It doesn't record unless there is actual motion. Turning down the sensitivity/distance also doesn't help. Is there a firmware update available? Otherwise I may need to consider replacing the light under warranty

21-11-2023 02:40:00

C
Hi @ArmourMan. The light sensors on your Floodlight Cam use passive infrared (PIR) motion detection. Reflective surfaces, sources of heat, and other lights can cause this to trigger. I'd recommend giving the area around your Floodlight Cam one more look to see if there's anything that might be causing the light sensors to trigger repeatedly. If this issue continues, please reach out to our support team at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036196372-Contact-Us) for further assistance. They can take a look at things on the back end to help determine the best solution. If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.

22-11-2023 05:41:41

M

I just purchased one of these units upon installation yesterday the lights would not turn off. After an hour with support trying every known trick to resolve the issue, I was told by the representative that "there is a known issue with lights not turning off on certain pro models. " Why are they still selling this model if they know they have an issue until it is fixed? It’s a hassle installing, conferring with support for over an hour and then have to uninstall the unit and return it. Infuriating to say the least.

15-12-2023 05:29:27

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

14-01-2024 05:30:12

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User