Floodlight Cam Wired Pro has water inside sensor (only affects infrared lens)

Even though the front of the cam is dry and clean when the infrared night vision clicks in I get water droplets and a foggy view. As soon as the night vision clicks off the pictures are fine.

Refer to the two pictures below, hopefully, this shows how it looks - the pictures are in the morning first with night vision then a minute later when the day vision clicks in.

I’ve reset using the App and also removed power to reboot it…

If Ring Support sees this I’d appreciate a response - seems a shame we can’t send ring support emails - phoning is fine but you can’t show them images and have to talk it through - they just said the lens is wet so dry it…

Hi @ADT-WJT. Ensuring the lens is dry and clear of any dirt or debris was a good troubleshooting step to take. I’d also recommend performing a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If that doesn’t resolve this issue, I’d recommend following up with our support team via phone or by sending a message on Facebook @Ring. When you contact support, mention that you have some screenshot examples to share to demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end.

1 Like