Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
AW
Floodlight Cam Wired Pro has water inside sensor (only affects infrared lens)
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
video-quality

Even though the front of the cam is dry and clean when the infrared night vision clicks in I get water droplets and a foggy view. As soon as the night vision clicks off the pictures are fine.

Refer to the two pictures below, hopefully, this shows how it looks - the pictures are in the morning first with night vision then a minute later when the day vision clicks in.

I’ve reset using the App and also removed power to reboot it…

If Ring Support sees this I’d appreciate a response - seems a shame we can’t send ring support emails - phoning is fine but you can’t show them images and have to talk it through - they just said the lens is wet so dry it…

29-03-2024 10:10:04

Responses (1)

C

Hi @ADT-WJT. Ensuring the lens is dry and clear of any dirt or debris was a good troubleshooting step to take. I’d also recommend performing a reboot using the reboot option on the Device Health page. If that doesn’t resolve this issue, I’d recommend following up with our support team via phone or by sending a message on Facebook @Ring. When you contact support, mention that you have some screenshot examples to share to demonstrate what you’re seeing on your end.

01-04-2024 05:39:04

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User