Floodlight Cam Wired Pro - Can I set the lights to only turn on when a person is detected?

Should I be able to tell it to only turn on the lights when people are detected? I’m able to customize everything else by person/non-person like recording, chimes, alerts, etc. Apologies if already posted but I’ve been looking for 30 minutes without any luck. Thanks!

Hi @rendrago. I checked with my team on this information and it is not currently an option to enable a People Only Mode for the lights themselves. With that said, you do have the option to adjust Motion Zones for the lights specifically. In the Ring App, open the menu in the top left > Devices > your Floodlight Cam > Device Settings > Light Settings > Motion Zones For Lights. I hope this information helps. :slight_smile:

Holy cow this would be so easy to add - I don’t understand why it’s not already in there. And it would be so incredibly better. I have lights coming on for steam off my pool in the winter, animals around my property, spider webs, moths. Good grief add this yesterday.

1 Like

Just installed spotlight pro and am returning it because I can’t adjust the lights to only turn on for people. The lights are outside my bedroom and turn on and off all night. It’s ridiculous. Are the lights designed to help the critters and cats that constantly walk through the backyard? Certainly not designed to help people. Makes no sense why there’s a setting to only record human movement, but not a setting to only turn on lights for people. And I see this has been an issue for three years? I’m done.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.