Floodlight Cam Wired Plus - Light won't turn off and go into Motion Detect Mode

Hi all. I just had two new Floodlight Cam Wird Plus installed this weekend and I am having trouble with one of them.

The one in the front of my house works great. I have it set to Motion Detection, so the light is off unless someone walks under it.

The one in the back of my house isn’t working as well. At night, the light goes on and stays on. And I have noticed in the app that the “Lights” toggle is on… however when I switch it to off, it switches back to the on position by itself. The only way I can get the lights to turn off is to turn off the Motion Detection, however I don’t want to do that because that is the whole point of the unit.

Does anyone else know why this would do this and what I can do to fix it please?
I got a WiFi extender thinking that as the problem and that isn’t the case. The camera works great, and the lights are nice and bright. I just can’t get them to work in Motion Detection mode.

Help! And thank you.

Hi @WandOPuddles73. If the lights on your Floodlight Cam are not working as they should, try the following steps:

• Verify Light Settings by checking if Motion Activated Light is toggled on and there is an active Motion Zone for Lights. Light Settings can be found on the Device Settings page of your Camera.

• Verify there is not a Light Schedule active for the Camera.

• Reboot your Camera from the Ring app.

• Try power cycling your Camera by turning the power off for a minute and then turning it back on.

If you have tried these steps and are still having the same concern, give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.