Floodlight Cam Wired Plus light problems

Hello,

I’ve just recently installed a Floodlight cam Wired Plus, I’ve set up the Camera Motion Zones and that seems to be working perfectly in terms to what I want recorded etc

The issue I’m having is that I’ve told the camera to turn the light on when motion is detected obviously at night, the problem I’m having is that the light is coming on when there is motion outside the zones I’ve set up. The zones have been set up so they are within my property’s boundary so it goes up to the wall and the end of the driveway but what i’ve noticed is everytime a car drives past my house at night the light comes on even though these cars are about 20ft outside the zones i’ve set up.

Does anyone know why it’s doing this? The light is literally always on at night as it turns on everytime a car drives past. I want the light to come on when it senses motion inside the zones but not outside it. I changed the motion and light sensitivities, the motion sensitivity is currently set at around 30% and the light sensitivity is down at around 20%, I don’t know what else to do, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi @user38117. The motion detection for the lights is separate from the motion detection for video recording, which is why the lights may come on with motion that occurs outside of the Motion Zones drawn for video recording. Reflective surfaces and other lights, such as the headlights from cars, are a common trigger for the PIR motion detection used by the lights. You can try adjusting the motion sensitivity for the lights down to the lowest option to see if that helps cut down on how often the lights come on at night.