Floodlight Cam Wired Plus has one light ALWAYS on dimmed

If i turn the lights ON from the Android App only one of the two spot lights comes on, when i turn it OFF the one light that was on dims but NEVER goes off. Day or night this started last night. Motion detection is on, but we have kept the floods off in the App and get low light /infrared recording only.
In Device Settings → Light Settings:
Motion-Activated lights = Off
Light Brightness is set mid way … changing this has no effect on the dim/off mode but does affect the normal lights on mode for the one operational light.
No Light Schedules are set.

From device heath it shows the device is online, Video is recording and live view works as expected. Reboot works and reports “Reboot Successful!”, tried this several times.

This Cam is hard wired into a pre-existing flood light receptacle and has been working fine since May purchase. I can turn the power off to the Cam and it comes back online quickly but with the same one light on dim.

Just to add one more bit – Even with ‘Motion Detection’ (and recording) Off the one light stays on.

Amazon calls this device - Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Plus with motion-activated 1080p HD video, White (2021 release) - the web monitor page shows it as ‘Floodlight Cam Wired Plus (V3)’

1 Like

Hi @mikeskees. Since the troubleshooting steps have not seemed to correct this issue, I suggest reaching out to our support team. You should not have one light that stays on, even after a reboot and power cycle. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

Was there a solution to this issue?

Hi @Lutefisk69. If one of the lights on your Floodlight Cam is dimmed or always on, first try rebooting it in the Ring app by following the steps here. If that doesn’t work, you can fully reset your Camera by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After the reset is done, complete a new setup in the Ring app using the steps under Set Up a Device.

If this concern persists despite these troubleshooting steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here for further assistance. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.