Floodlight Cam snapshot not working

I would like to submit another thread to point out that the floodlight camera’s snapshot feature is not working. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app as suggested but it still does not work. Thinking there needs to be a firmware update or something to address. All I get is “This footage is unavailable” message in the playback window when the slider is set to display the snapshot data. This is on a brand new install I just did 3 days ago. All 3 cameras are having the same issue. Please advise

Thanks

Yes, I have recently installed 4 floodlight cams, and snapshot is not working on any of them. They have other issues as well: 1) floodlights turn on automatically every 30 minutes, 2) firmware won’t update, stuck on 1.16.00273; and 3) won’t connect to chime pro network.

There is another thread where we are mainly discussion of the issue of the floodlights turning on every 30 minutes, but some of us also have all the other issues listed above. Ring is working on the fix for the floodlighst. It’s not clear to me whether they are working on a fix to address the other issues…

2 Likes

Just installed floodlight cam a few days ago, same issue… footage unavailable. . Works on all other ring cams though…

1 Like

I installed the floodlight cam about a week ago the snapshot doesn’t work eighter. The firmware version is also 1.16.00273. It is not ‘Up to date’. What should I do about the outdated firmware?

I spent an hour with customer support trying to get the firmware upgraded. Support guy gave up and told to wait - it will likely up date on its own - UNLIKELY!!

I have 2 flood lights cams with update firmware and they do the snapshots. 2 without up dated firmware do not. Firmware upgrade is the issue. If you figure out how to force upgrade firmware please tell me. Maybe you’ll have better luck with support.

I just talked with customer services and he told me that he rebooted the device and force upgrading the firmware, I waited for 10 hours and nothing happens.

I have the same exact problem as MaykTyRambo. Same firmware. Same “no snapshot available” error message. Same cannot update the firmware issue.

Spent some time with the rep on the help phone number, who suggested I needed to update firmware, which as we know is impossible. He also tried to sell me the Chime Pro wifi extender. So why are they trying to sell product to solve a problem with their firmware???

As a brand new user, I find this VERY disappointed. Spent $400+ on two cameras and then have these type problems.

It’s under warranty and I bougt it from Amazon. I think the answer is to return the camera and just order a new one. Or return them both. RING does not seem to be doing anything effective to fix the problem.

Snapshot Capture works on my garage floodlight camera. I was happy with the camera, so I bought and installed another floodlight camera for my backyard.

However, this new camera does not have Snapshot Capture working. The firmware is also stuck at 1.16.00273.

I have the same problem with my Ring Doorbell Pro. The Snapshot Capture does not work and the firmware is stuck at 1.16.00272.

I called support twice, and each time nobody was able to address the issue. I’ve done all the standard stuff from factory camera resets, re-installing the app, rebooting my wifi, etc.

The RSSI on each device is -51.

I spending so much money on these devices, professional installation, and the $10/mo service, I expect that Ring would inform customers what’s going on.

2 Likes

Ring??

Ring…have any meaningful, helpful response?

Hello, Ring?

Ring is not answering the call. There are mutliple threads with this same or very simliar issue. No action by Ring to address it, fix it, replace their junk cameras. Nothing.

These cameras are NOT inexpensive. Cheap, yes. But not inexpensive.

1 Like

I had conversations with customer services two times. The first guy told me he rebooted my device and should get the latest firmware. The second time they still can’t get the issue solved and he told me he would contact the manager and sent me an email in 48 hours. Still, nothing happened. No further answer about this issue, no firmware updated. Nothing! I installed 6 cameras in my home and most of them are working properly. I like the ring product but the services are kind of disappointed.

BTW, Happy New Year to all fo you, ring users and rings.

1 Like

I may have a resolution for this Floodlight cam issue that I’m having.

First, note, that Ring deleted my posts in the Ring Doorbell section. These posts were factual, did not violate any of the forum rules that I could tell, and were there to help other consumers make informed assessments on what to do.

Here’s my most recent post to that forum:

"Let me help with a resolution on this matter.

Today I returned my Ring Video Doorbell Pro and for some reason, decided 1 more time to exchange it for a new one.

I installed the new one today, and noticed that the Firmware was 1.16.00263. I thought…gee, now I’m going backwards when my prior defective device was stuck on Firmware 1.16.00272. But, in under 5 minutes of having the new device installed, the firmware was updated and now it shows, “Up to Date”.

Guess what…I have Snapshot Capture now.

So based on my experience, the fix was to return the defective 1.16.00272 device and I was fortunate to have picked one up that updated correctly.

Now, was that so hard?"

So, given that my Ring Floodlight cam remains stuck at 1.16.00273 (just like my doorbell at .00272) - the solution was to return the device and be fortunate to pick one that performed the Firmware update upon installation.

The only challenge with this, of course, is that I don’t know how to determine which devices at the store will work or not.

I hope that these posts have been helpful to the community. Sometimes a little honesty and directness will go a long way.

1 Like

My floodlight camera was bought at Costco and I had thrown the box away so I think I can’t return it to Costco and will try to ask ring to return the camera direct to them to get a new one.

I also have 3 indoor wired cameras, two were bought about 2 weeks ago and I bought the third 3 days ago. They are all “up-to-date” but only the latest one has the “snapshot” option, the other two don’t have this menu and can’t get the snapshot at all.

@BowieFYI. I’ve read on the Costco website reviews that supposedly you can still return items even if you’ve thrown away the box. This was stated in Costo replies to product reviews. I’ve never actually tried it myself…

@Bowie wrote:

My floodlight camera was bought at Costco and I had thrown the box away so I think I can’t return it to Costco and will try to ask ring to return the camera direct to them to get a new one.

I also have 3 indoor wired cameras, two were bought about 2 weeks ago and I bought the third 3 days ago. They are all “up-to-date” but only the latest one has the “snapshot” option, the other two don’t have this menu and can’t get the snapshot at all.

My floodlight camera hasn’t captured snapshots for two weeks since I installed it, now it’s working. I turned off snapshot capture in the device setting and saved, then turned on snapshot capture and saved. Now I have images saved for the last 40 minutes. Hopefully this works for everyone else.

1 Like

@meme wrote:

@BowieFYI. I’ve read on the Costco website reviews that supposedly you can still return items even if you’ve thrown away the box. This was stated in Costo replies to product reviews. I’ve never actually tried it myself…

@Bowie wrote:

Thank you @meme for the return policy info. I am gonna wait for a little while longer to see if it eventually gets updated otherwise return it to Costco or ring maybe?

I’ve been having other problems with two floodlight cams (lights turning on by themselves every 30 minutes) in addition to the lack of snapshot capture. The floodlight cam firmware was stuck on an old version. Someone had posted on another thread that their firmware managed to update last night. My floodlight cams firmware had not updated on their own. But then below is what I did, and it seems that the snapshot capture is working… I will monitor over a day or so. Here is what I did:

1) Power-cycled the floodlight cams: Floodlight cams are on lightswitch. So, I turned them off for about a minute and then turned them back on. About half an hour later, I checked and saw that both floodlight cams now show that the firmware is “Up to Date.”

2) Turned Snapshot capture off and back on: Then, I turned the snapshot capture off and then saved. What I have found is that in order for my Ring app to register any changes in the snapshot capture, I have to click on “Learn more” in order for the blue “Save” in the upper right hand corner of the screen to become dark blue so that I can save the change in the setting. Then I went back into the app and changed the snapshot capture back on. Again, I had to click on “Learn more” again for the app to recognize the change in the snapshot capture and be able to save. Also, you may have to shut down the app and restart if things are still misbehaving. Note that I have an android phone (Samsung). I think I am getting snapshot captures, but please note that it’s only been about an hour since I’ve done all this…

Will need to confirm over time that snapshot capture is actually working…

2 Likes

Yes! My snapshot is working too! It seems to toggle the “snapshot” off, save the setting, wait for a while, then my firmware got updated. Now it shows “Up-to-date” and the snapshot works like a charm!