Floodlight CAM shows both offline and online

Sometime between the 6th and 7th of July, all four of my Floodlight CAMS went offline and could not talk to the Ring servers. My Ring Doorbell Pro continued to function normally. Nothing at my end changed and WiFi signal levels were still very good (each CAM’s “Device Health” button still worked and showed the device as offline but good WiFi signal level). Over the next few days, one-by-one, each Floodlight would start reconnecting to the Ring Servers except for one which shows itself as not connected in the thumbnail view of all cameras in the Windows Ring App, even though it successfully updates its view every minute; however, if I go to “Device Health” for that Floodlight, it shows it as online and good WiFi signal strength. This Floodlight even occasionally sends some motion-detected video up to the Ring Servers. Power cycling the CAM didn’t change anything. Anyone seen this before and have a solution?

Hey @MTtekguy. I would suggest uninstalling the Ring App, restarting your phone, and then reinstalling the Ring App as it sounds like this concern is only affecting how the Camera’s status is displaying on the Dashboard. If the Camera was offline, it would register as offline on the Device Health screen as well. Let me know how that works for you! :slight_smile:

Thank you for your response. Before I uninstalled the Android mobile app, both the Ring Windows App and the Android mobile app behaved identically, with at least 3 of my 4 Floodlight Cameras showing “offline” in the dashboard view while the Device Health info for as displayed by the Windows App showed a good WiFi signal and usually a status of “Online.” The Android App, as you know, doesn’t report that status in its Device Health view.

Since uninstalling and and reinstalling the Android app, it now shows “Offline” for two of the three problematic Floodlight Cameras, in the dashboard view. The third, however, doesn’t show “Offline” in the Dashboard View, but does not allow me to connect to it. The Windows App and Android app now agree on camera status, with both giving no offline indication in the dashboard view for the third camera, but not allowing me to connect to it. The Windows Ring App does show “Offline” for the third camera’s Device Health Status.

Strangely, all three problematic Flashlight Cameras will still occasionally update their Dashboard view image and occasionally record a motion-triggered event.

As I stated previously, everything had been working fine for a year and half until sometime around the 6th or 7th of July. One of four Floodlight Cameras occasionally works, but it takes a long time to connect to it for a live view, occasionally ending in a black video display.

The Ring DoorBell Pro, which has the weakest WiFi signal of all the devices, still performs as it should, as do the 3 Doorbell Chimes that we have.

Any other ideas as to what I might try?

Thanks again,

Rick

@MTtekguy Thank you for taking the time to share these details on what you’re experiencing. You can also try resetting the Cameras themselves by holding down the setup button for at least 20 seconds. After that’s done, you’ll want to navigate to the Device Health screen and choose the Reconnect to WiFi option. This will walk you through a new setup and help refresh the Camera’s connection with the Ring App and with your home wifi network.

If this concern persists after trying those steps, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers availablehere. They’ll be able to look more closely at what may be going on with the Cameras and why they’re reporting as offline. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19here to see how to contact support.