Floodlight cam setup mode without pushing the button

Is there a way to the get the Floodlight Cam into setup mode without pushing the button? Do I really need to climb up a 30 ft ladder again just to change the Wi-Fi network of the device?

1 Like

Hi @clinntf. There is no additional way to put the Floodlight Cam into setup mode. The setup button on the top of the Camera must be pressed in order for the Floodlight Cam to go into setup mode so that you can change the wifi network or reset it. I hope this helps answer your question. :slight_smile:

Why not have it enter setup mode once the WiFi password is changed?

1 Like

I’ve just tried this and it worked without me pressing the button.
I waited 30 mins to an hour… stand close to my 30 ft ring (it’s outside the garage) I’m inside at home right at the garage door…. It worked after 10+ tries I did click it’s blinking and it just went to the network setup after couple of tries.

So yea no need to press and get up the ladder. Just try couple times by pressing that it’s flashing and it’ll eventually take you to the network setup just like how I did!

4 Likes

So let’s put this in MY perspective, and to be brief:

Pool house WiFi problem, forced to reset router and modem
Had knee replacement two days ago, cannot climb ladder
Wife’s age is 66, she can’t climb ladder
I’m pretty much screwed for around 4 months
To “church it up” a little, I have a low opinion of ring products

BTW, used same name and password as before…

1 Like

I just had to reset my floodlight cam plus and just kept pushing the blue light is on and after a few tries it went into setup and I was able to change the wifi name and password. I also used the same name and password but had to reset every ring device. My floodlight cam is also mounted high.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.