Floodlight cam senses "motion" and turns on the floodlights when the furnace runs

Help!!

We have a Ring Floodlight Cam Wired Pro that is mounted on the eave outside our patio door at a height of about 8’. We have a furnace exhaust pipe about 7’ to the left of the floodlight, and the escaping steam keeps triggering motion detection and turning on the floodlights all night long whenever the furnace runs. I’ve already lowered the sensitivity as low as it can get, as well as turning off motion detection on that side of the cam. It still keeps coming on. I would still like to have valid motions caused by critters or humans to trigger the floodlights to come on; just not the water vapor.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions, other than turning off the motion detection for the floodlights?

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide!!

What? No one knows how to cure this problem? 3D motion detection is supposed to help avoid aggravating notifications or lights turning on for no good reason, but it sure isn’t working well in this case. I can only imagine how bad it will be once it gets down to 0° F. or worse in our area, and a lot more water vapor lingers in the air.

Hi @ThorPan. Since you have tried the basic suggestions I would advise, I would recommend contacting our support team to see what the next best steps would be for your concern. Give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.