Floodlight cam plus: can the light shroud be removed and repositioned?

Hi all:

I have previously installed a floodlight cam at the front of my house without any issues. For the back yard, I just bought a floodlight cam PLUS and I am running into a little problem that I hope there is a solution for it. Here is the issue. The picture below shows how I mounted the floodlight cam at the front of the house:

I want the same setup in my back yard, but the PLUS floodlight cam light bulbs cannot be rotated like the original version. It now looks like this:

you can see that the light bulb shroud is upside down.

how do I rotate the bulb so the top of the shroud is properly positioned?

I am wondering if the light shroud can be removed and reinstalled right side up?

Your input will be greatly appreciated.

dh

Here is the front yard setup:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing this with the Community, @duehuynh. I’ve checked with our teams and Floodlight Camera Plus installation material, and it looks like you’ve done everything correctly here.

The light positioning is intended to remain this way, and although the longer part of the light shroud is on the bottom, the adjustment capabilities and overhead ceiling mounted position will allow for intended lighting. I hope this helps! :slight_smile:

So light shroud/hood is not able to be in the proper position when soffit mounted? The hoods protect the light from rain and snow and having it face up just helps collect those things…and dirt. The previous design (before plus) had this capability.

2 Likes

From everything I am seeing and reading, the Floodlight “Plus” and “Pro” are notably inferior to the original Floodlight in many key ways. The base plate used to be metal and is now plastic. The lights for the “Plus” are not fully adjustable. The volume of the Plus and Pro are extremely low; and other odd issues being posted here on the community.

The Ring Floodlight, when it worked, was what got me to buy more Ring products. I thought it was their best product, when it worked. And now there are competitors out there. Ring Management has taken many steps to drive away original, loyal customers. I dread the day that I will need to replace our Floodlights that can no longer be replaced by the original Floodlight design, as I will have to re-think and re-design the entire set up.

1 Like

Hey neighbors. If you are planning to install your Floodlight Cam underneath an overhang or an eave, you will need to rotate the lights so that the Camera fits. You can find some installation diagrams here showing this. When doing this, you may notice the light shroud on the bottom rather than above the light.

Since the Floodlight Camera is being installed under an overhang or an eave, the lights should be protected from inclement weather given the coverage above the Camera. Additionally, the Floodlight Cam is weather-resistant as it is designed to be installed outdoors. If you do notice water having gotten inside of your Floodlight Cam, or there is any physical damage due to extreme weather conditions, please follow up with our support team at one of the numbers available here for further assistance.