Floodlight Cam Night Vision no longer works

I’m having same issues! In fact I’ve already switched my doorbell due to constant issues and I’m about had it with the floodlight. It was already swapped out for warranty once about a year ago now can’t see night vision and I’m sure it’s just past warranty and I don’t time have to play there games try this or that and works for maybe a day and does it again from what I’ve read it’s probably the IR light unit that went out. For the price I pay for there products they should last longer then then do.

Hey leecollings

I don’t know if you got your camera fixed or replaced by ring. I had the same problem with the picture turning ping and after a few taps, it returned to normal. This is a weekly process if not daily. I now noticed the IR went off, so I tapped it again and it came on. Hope this information helped. And yes, customer service takes a long time cause they constantly place you on hold and answer other calls.

Good luck

I am having the same issue. Following for an answer to try to fix this situation. My floodlight camera is useless at night, which is the whole purpose of the camera.

Hi neighbors! The night vision on your Floodlight Cam should kick in when it is dark enough outside. If the night vision is not activating when it’s dark, here are three different things to try to see if this helps fix this concern:

• Power cycle the Floodlight Cam by turning off power to the breaker and then turning it back on after a minute.
  • Reset the device by pressing and holding the setup button for 20 seconds.
  • When it is dark outside, flash a light into the camera to see if you can trigger the IR filter to pop up when the light is then pulled away. If it is dark enough outside, the night vision should be able to kick in.

If the night vision still does not work after trying these troubleshooting steps, our support team can assist with taking a more in-depth look at your Floodlight Cam. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support. :slight_smile:

Hi same issue no IR have followed instructions
Is there a remote interrogation of devices to ascertain whether I require replacement unit
As is under warranty?

Hi @user27797. If the suggestions in the marked solution for this post haven’t seem to correct the issue you’re having, you’ll need to contact our support team directly. Contact information for our support team can also be found in the marked solution for this post.

my night vision stopped working today…

This happened to us, during the day it was fine but at night couldn’t see anything unless there was motion that triggered the light. Turns out there was a round plastic over the lens we just took it off and it works fine now. It had been there since we bought it I guess we never removed it, but we were able to see fine with it until it rained and it kinda slid down. Check your lens.

1 Like

Based on this thread and my own experience, this seems to be an issue with the Ring camera. I started having intermittent problems with motion triggered videos recording black at night. I was told it was a weak wifi signal. I corrected that and the problem remained. Now it’s even worse. Before the live view and the incremental snapshots worked at night. Now even those are no longer working. I have 3 of these cameras. I hope the other 2 don’t fail in the same way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.