Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
B
Floodlight Cam loses wifi connection and the light flashes constantly
hardwired-security-cameras
cs-support
I can do a manual reset via the button on to of he cam box, and it connects right back up, but when motion is triggered at night, it starts flashing the lights and shows 'offline.' No power surges. I have one more floodlight cam, and two doorbell cams and they're operating fine. I don't see the 'flashing light failure mode' in any of your FAQs

09-05-2021 09:31:32

Responses (5)

C
Hi @BillFoote. Have you checked the [RSSI](https://community.ring.com/t/how-it-works-your-ring-device-rssi-good-vs-poor/229#M4) on the Floodlight Cam to make sure it has a good connection to your wifi network? I'd suggest checking this first and if the RSSI indicates that the connection is good, then it may be best to reach out to our support team so they can take a closer look and help find a solution. You can give our support team a call at one of the numbers available [here](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-us/articles/213608406). If you are outside of the US, please visit [here ](https://support.ring.com/hc/en-gb/articles/213608406)to see how to contact support.. :)

10-05-2021 07:21:10

B
RSSI is good. The issue is repeatable. I go though a hard reset, (hold the button down until it goes into setup mode) it resets and works fine. The first time that the motion detector goes off, it reverts to flashing and goes offline. I'd give you a 'check' but you haven't offered a solution. If there was a check box for solid advice, I'd have selected that. :-) I will contact the support team. Thank you for your help. Not seeing a problem like this in the FAQs makes me think this might be a one-off failure mode.

13-05-2021 02:55:52

C
@BillFoote Thanks for that information, contacting our support team is definitely the right move here. Since the Community isn't a direct line to support, we do our best to offer general troubleshooting tips and tricks as well as helpful suggestions based off the information provided. In this case, I wouldn't want to speculate too much on what may be causing this concern, as our support team will be the ones that are able to pull up your account and look into this further. Feel free to report back on what solution they provide in case other neighbors with a similar concern come across this thread! :)

13-05-2021 06:47:35

K
Is the flashing lights an indication of loss of wifi connection? My lights are also flashing now when motion is detected

06-01-2022 08:48:57

N
Did you ever get a solution to this. My camera is doing the exact same thing and it’s driving me crazy.

09-01-2023 07:37:06

N
Did you ever get a solution to this. My camera is doing the exact same thing and it’s driving me crazy.

09-01-2023 07:37:06

C

10-01-2023 11:15:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User