Floodlight cam lights

Floodlight cam lights not working when detecting motion. I can manually turn them on/off just fine. I get alerts for motion still, just no lights. Tried resetting cam twice and shut power off to cam for a while. Haven’t changed any settings lately so I’m not sure why they quit.

Hi @Kram_Shane! When you say “manually turn them on/off”, do you mean via the toggle in the Ring app or by a correlated physical light switch? If you are able to toggle the lights through the Ring app, this is a great sign that your Floodlight Cam is connected to your network.

Although you have not changed any settings, try going back through them and reconfiguring your motion/ light settings to see if that gets them to work as intended. Please also ensure there are not any obstructions or debris covering the bottom portion of the Camera assembly, where the motion sensor is located.

With motion alerting, the Camera sounds to be online, however, an efficient RSSI will always help with optimal operation and communication, such as lights triggering for motion. Check out our Community post about RSSI for tips on optimizing this signal strength. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile: