Floodlight Cam - Lights don't work at night

I’ll start by saying there are no issues with the camera itself, the problem I am having is with the lights. I can turn them on manually during the day without issue. Once it gets dark and the infrared kicks in, the lights no longer come on - not manually or by motion. When triggered by motion or manually, I can hear the clicking noise within the unit as if it is sending the signal to turn the lights on or off, they just won’t come on. I do not have this problem during the day which leaves me to believe something is getting crossed once infrared kicks in for night vision. Any ideas?

Sorry to hear about this, @Linc! If you have not already, try out a power cycle by turning off the breaker switch related to the Floodlight Camera for a few moments, then turning it back on. Once the Floodlight Camera is reconnected, the next best step will be to check settings such as linked devices, Smart Lighting groups, and light schedules, to ensure settings are not interfering with lights. In most cases, though, they should not interfere, especially with manual toggle.

If this concern persists despite trying the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. We’re taking additional steps to protect our team and help reduce the spread of COVID-19, so this has resulted in longer than normal wait times. If you are outside of the US, please read our response to COVID-19 here to see how to contact support. Feel free to let us know how this goes! :slight_smile:

Hi,
I’m having exactly the same problem and it started this evening. Nothing has changed with my account, the electricity supply hasn’t been disrupted etc so there’s no reason for the sudden failure for the flood lights to come on. I can manually put the lights on d
So I know it’s not that and I can see the red dots of the sensor illuminate when I come into range so I know the sensor is working. It’s only been up 3 months not impressed. Any ideas ring???

I am also having this issue with one of my five Spotlight cams. It just started recently. Occasionally the light will not come on at night but the event is detected and recorded.

Is the wired floodlight cam the same as the battery spotlight cam in terms of if the camera is illuminated at all at night, the light will NOT turn on? Perhaps there is some illumination from exterior lights onto your floodlight cam and hence the floodlight won’t turn on. I’m hoping Ring can correct this deficiency with the battery spotlight cam.

No it’s pitch black out the back, but thanks for the idea