Floodlight Cam Light Schedules

Has anyone else had their floodlight cams start ignoring the light schedule?

So, I have both of mine set to keep the lights off until later in the evening, but as soon as it’s dusk, the lights come on with motion.

Up until recently, this has worked fine. I would assume some kind of update or bug at rings side has caused this, as nothing has changed for me.

I’ve already spoken to CS, which followed the usual troubleshooting and passing on, but now silence.

Model - Floodlight cam wired pro

1 Like

Ya this is happening to me a well. It just strayed happening in the last 2-3 weeks.

I’m sure many other too but they haven’t seen this, or use these forums.

Well, still silence from CS/Tech. And even ignoring emails now.

Ring really is a a big disappointment these days.

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this response as a solution. While we are aware of this concern and as the team continues to investigate, this is a helpful way for other neighbors that come into this thread to try these recommended troubleshooting steps:

If these troubleshooting steps do not work, please share in-depth information and examples as to what happens so we can pass it along to the appropriate teams. We appreciate your patience and will continue to update this thread with more information. Thank you.

1 Like

Does not work!

Have tried all sorts of reboots and config. Clearly a fault your end, which you seem to be unable to fix.

Hi @APB. If the above mentioned troubleshooting steps didn’t seem to help, I suggest reaching out to our support team to look into this for you. Please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.

1 Like

I did that. You took the details, then nothing. I’ve chased and have been ignored.

Your support service is disgraceful!

Oh and now the linked device that is meant to trigger the floodlights, doesn’t!

Theres clearly a software issue here, yet you seem unable to resolve it!

Hi @APB. Sorry to hear you are having this experience. As a reminder, the Ring Community is a neighbor to neighbor support forum, and not a direct line to support. The assistance we offer here is based on experience, and not to your specific account. For issues that can’t be solved with general troubleshooting techniques, we recommend following up with our support team.

I am having this same problem with all 3 wired floodlight camera units. They were working on schedules and now have not been for a couple weeks. I had the light schedules set to have motion lights turn on after dusk and turn off at 10pm. So despite motion in the middle of the night the lights should not come on.
I cannot manually control the lights at all if the schedules are active. I have turned on the schedules and the lights immediately come on and stay on they do not respond to the app controls at all. I must remove the schedules and reboot the device to regain control.

The devices did work properly when first installed a few weeks ago, then stopped.
The units all have good wifi connections. They all say the firmware is up to date. I have done resets by pushing the button on the camera top and resetting. Nothing seems to work. It certainly would make sense that this was a software issue that is not working?

So presently in order to have any control of the lights I must not use the motion detection light schedules. My current choices are motion detection lights off so I can manually control lights OR motion detection lights on and they come on every time a rabbit hops by.

Motion Activation overrides Schedules, unless you have Motion Activation for lights turned off (Device Settings–>Light Settings–>Motion Activated Lights [toggle]).

It never used to. And in fact, mine are working again now.

The lights will stay off even with motion, until the end of the schedule, and then motion will make the lights come on.

APB - thanks for letting us know yours are working again. I tried mine again and sure enough, they are now also back to working with the schedules. Also, I can control the lights manually before the schedule begins. Once the schedule begins - if I manually turn on the lights, the schedule is now interrupted and stops working until it is reset at it’s next start time. That’s too bad.

I have the schedule set for the motion lights to stay OFF from 9:30pm to dawn. This way they aren’t coming on all night when an animal passes by. However, if I turn the lights on manually after 9:30pm the schedule is cleared for the rest of the night and the lights will come on with motion until the schedule resets the next day.

Hi neighbors. This concern regarding the Floodlight Schedule not working correctly was resolved with a firmware update. Please note that any feature releases or updates, including firmware updates, are always released on a slow rollout. This means other neighbors may receive the update before you, so make sure to keep your Ring app updated to the latest version. It is also important to note that manually toggling the lights on or off in the middle of a Light Schedule will pause that schedule until the next day. If you go into the Light Schedules settings and toggle this schedule off and back on, it should resume the schedule for the rest of the active period.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know. It would have been nice if Ring acknowledged the issue and said they were working on it, during the weeks it wasn’t working. Might have save me hours of trying to figure it out. However again, I appreciate you letting us know now.

1 Like