Floodlight Cam Light Motion Zones Won’t Stay Off

Yeah this is still a problem for me a month after someone said it was fixed. As soon as it gets warm enough to sit outside I’m going to have to consider paying an electrical engineer to rewire it with a switch. This is very poor QA and customer service on behalf of Ring.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. I can’t:

1 - Disable completely the motion sensor. The app shows as off, but the sensor still works.

2 - Change zones. I reduce the motion sensor zone but does not have any effect into the camera.

3 - The light intermittently turns on automatically at 7pm.

I’m having the same issue. The floodlights come on and off randomly the entire night with no motion detected. The app and camera firmware are up to date. Tried resetting to no avail. The lights coming on/off at random is extremely annoying. What good is the camera if power needs to be disconnected for the floodlights to remain off?

Does anyone has a proven solution to share?

Hello all, this problem has frustrated me for months. A few weeks ago we had our patio done and I’d got to the point of getting the camera taken down. But…

I decided to have one last go and removed the Spotlight Cam from my system, reset it to factory settings (I think I held the button on it for about 15 seconds), I deleted the app from my iPhone and then I started again. Installing the app (the rest of my system was still there of course) and setting up the cam from the beginning (I had to find the barcode and put in the wifi details etc.)

I’m not sure which of these steps worked but the spotlight will now function as expected - as in when I turn off all the motion zones it no longer triggers the light.

There must be some bug where the spotlight fails to pick up no motion zones, and it seems a full reset and/or re-installation of the app before setting it up again works.

Hopefully this will help you all out! Bit disappointed that no one from Ring has posted this message though!

1 Like

I have this same problem still. The lights won’t shut off all night, I can shut them off via the app, but they just come right back on within a minute, ive Uninstalled app, reset, blah blah till the cows come home…nothing works… This makes the unit total garbage, not to mention the lifespan of the light will be severely diminished. Honestly I cant believe ring doesn’t fix this, i am removing mine, since I have no choice, been like this for months now with no fix. I believe this all started when they added the motion zones to the app. Fix it, and stop saying there’s a solution and the problem is solved…cmon…seriously, what is wrong with you ring?

Here we are in December and we are having the same problem. Lights won’t shut off. We don’t want them on at this time of the year so the Christmas lights aren’t being over powered by the bright floodlight. We turn off the lights and it comes right back on. Have it set to only come on at 11pm, yet it comes on whenever and doesn’t shut off. When is this going to be fixed? Supposedly 6 months ago this was “resolved”.

Hey neighbors! Check out our Help Center article for tips on controlling the lights for your Floodlight Camera. Adjust the motion settings and checking for environmental factors that might be triggering the lights is a great step. Please also consider if you have a light switch or dimmer switch controlling the power to the Floodlight Camera, and ensure there is no one flipped the switch or any obstructions hitting it.

If this concern persists despite trying the above, please give our support team a call at one of the numbers available here. If you are outside of the US, please visit here to see how to contact support.