Floodlight Cam Light Motion Zones Won’t Stay Off

Just put in outdoor lighting, can not enjoy it with the flood lights constantly coming on…

FYI, tried all suggestions in this thread, but to no avail. I’ve been a big promoter of all ring products up until this pont.

Please advise when your developers have mitigated this issue, along with, when the application will be updated with a resolution, thank you.

1 Like

Replying to this post, as there is no temporary work-around nor a permanent fix.

If this thread is to be mark as resolved, there should be a master ticket for all affected members to track the issue until a resolution is made.

Please advise when you have the time thank you!

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. Extremely annoying.

1 Like

Please add me to the list, I’m having the same issue and already contacted support.

1 Like

Also having this issue. It says it’s solved but ring being aware of the problem does not count as a solution! Someone fix this!

This is happening to my Ring Spotlight two. I have two zones activated and I can’t change these at all - I can’t activate the third zone and I can’t turn off the first two zones.

Following up to this thread…

-Received a call from tech support on Thursday
-Acknowledged the issue and stated they were working on it
-Stated they can make the requested changes in the back end for now
-Told them to hold off, they noted I could always call in since this issue is now linked to my login if I change my mind
-Today, I tried one more thing, changed the light settings during the daytime, and they saved
-Not sure if it’s timeing and Ring fixed the issue during a change window, or if the issue is; it simply won’t let you save when the night sensors are kicked in
-Never the less, try changing the setting during daylight hours.

1 Like

And to further follow up. Ring called me as well and stated they could make the change in the background. This only partly “solves “ the problem. I had them set the light to off so if we entertain people on our back patio, there’s no spotlight blinding our guests. However now we have no lights for security purposes. I hope they fix this soon as I need to be able to change the settings at will.

I was also having this issue. Just tried now during the day to change it and it saved. Also if I want the motion on the right side of the camera off, do I turn off the left motion zone on the app?

Our issue is that the light keeps turning on and off constantly at night. Nothing we do has resolved this. We are at our wits end with this.

I’m also having the same problem. I also have one more weird issue. I have two spotlight cams. At 7pm every night, the lights turn themselves on and can only be turned off via the app.

I believe that the problem has now been fixed.

Hey neighbors! Just wanted to pass on word that I heard from my teams. It looks like the issue of the motion zones for the lights not saving on the Floodlight Cam and Spotlight Cam has been fixed at this time. Thank you to the neighbors that were patient during this time and I apologize in advance if we were unable to get to everyone that originally had this concern. It is now resolved, so please make sure you have an updated version of your app! If you continue to run into this concern of the zones not saving, please let us know or for a more immediate response, please reach out to our support team here. :slight_smile:

Thank you for this information, neighbors. For now, I have accepted this post as a solution as we have deemed that this trending concern has been resolved. We appreciate your patience again and will continue to keep an eye on this thread in case things change. Thank you!

1 Like

So frustrating. Same issue. Nothing seems to work to kill that light coming on shy of killing the power to the spotlight. Whether I snooze the alert or manually toggle the light off nothing works. The light keeps coming back on right away. I’m ready to rip it off the wall unless Ring finds a solution

Yeah this is still a problem for me a month after someone said it was fixed. As soon as it gets warm enough to sit outside I’m going to have to consider paying an electrical engineer to rewire it with a switch. This is very poor QA and customer service on behalf of Ring.

1 Like

I’m also having this issue. I can’t:

1 - Disable completely the motion sensor. The app shows as off, but the sensor still works.

2 - Change zones. I reduce the motion sensor zone but does not have any effect into the camera.

3 - The light intermittently turns on automatically at 7pm.

I’m having the same issue. The floodlights come on and off randomly the entire night with no motion detected. The app and camera firmware are up to date. Tried resetting to no avail. The lights coming on/off at random is extremely annoying. What good is the camera if power needs to be disconnected for the floodlights to remain off?

Does anyone has a proven solution to share?

Hello all, this problem has frustrated me for months. A few weeks ago we had our patio done and I’d got to the point of getting the camera taken down. But…

I decided to have one last go and removed the Spotlight Cam from my system, reset it to factory settings (I think I held the button on it for about 15 seconds), I deleted the app from my iPhone and then I started again. Installing the app (the rest of my system was still there of course) and setting up the cam from the beginning (I had to find the barcode and put in the wifi details etc.)

I’m not sure which of these steps worked but the spotlight will now function as expected - as in when I turn off all the motion zones it no longer triggers the light.

There must be some bug where the spotlight fails to pick up no motion zones, and it seems a full reset and/or re-installation of the app before setting it up again works.

Hopefully this will help you all out! Bit disappointed that no one from Ring has posted this message though!

1 Like

I have this same problem still. The lights won’t shut off all night, I can shut them off via the app, but they just come right back on within a minute, ive Uninstalled app, reset, blah blah till the cows come home…nothing works… This makes the unit total garbage, not to mention the lifespan of the light will be severely diminished. Honestly I cant believe ring doesn’t fix this, i am removing mine, since I have no choice, been like this for months now with no fix. I believe this all started when they added the motion zones to the app. Fix it, and stop saying there’s a solution and the problem is solved…cmon…seriously, what is wrong with you ring?

Here we are in December and we are having the same problem. Lights won’t shut off. We don’t want them on at this time of the year so the Christmas lights aren’t being over powered by the bright floodlight. We turn off the lights and it comes right back on. Have it set to only come on at 11pm, yet it comes on whenever and doesn’t shut off. When is this going to be fixed? Supposedly 6 months ago this was “resolved”.