Floodlight cam keeps turning on and off

I have the same problem 3 cams the first purchased in 2019 the second in 2020 & the last this week the one from 2020 is the problem cam the only one with Alexia compatibility

I have noticed the camera at the front of the house closest to the road gets triggered by buses driving past on one side of the street only. Trunks, cars, bikes etc donā€™t set the lights off only buses and they turn on 6 seconds after the bus has passed.
Has anyone else come across this issue

My camera is having this same issue. I have Tried all the options listed on this thread and none have worked. During night time it will turn on for 30 seconds, turn off for a few seconds and then back on again. The entire night.

1 Like

Same issues here. I have 2 flood lights that are a year old. They worked perfectly until recently. A reset on both units only worked for one day. Ring needs to fix this issue as it appears to be a firmware problem. Iā€™m not going to sit on the phone with customer support to be told to do the same @&$t I already have tried.

2 Likes

I am also adding my name to the long list of customers with the very same issue. Ring spotlight cam wired, installed august 2020, problem free until the 7th of September 2021. Nothing has changed, the camera hasnā€™t moved, I have not changed any settings in the app, my driveway has not changed - yet the spotlight keeps coming on 5 seconds after I turn it off. Nothing has fixed it other than turning the lights completely off.

There is no point in me turning the light sensitivity down because the light will not turn on until you reach my garage door. I shouldnā€™t have to do this anyway, the light should function as described and as it has done for a year.

I cannot get hold of ring in the phone without being placed on hold for an hour. By the sounds of what I have read, ring arenā€™t interested anyway. Itā€™s a shame because itā€™s been a great product until now.

2 Likes

Hey Im also having the same problem, I installed the device about 2 weeks ago and it was working fine. Now every 5 seconds the flood lights will turn on and off. Ive toggled all the setting suggested. Even did a hard reset today which didnā€™t seem to help.

1 Like

I have had the same issue and it has nothing to do with heat or any other obstacle. What I donā€™t understand is that if the light is supposed to only turn on at night when motion is detected, why is it not only turning on without motion but it is staying on and not shutting off?? This is a major problem and I often discover by pure chance that the light is on - otherwise I would have no idea as it is a backyard light. Went through all of the customer service gyrations and there is still no resolution. It is now September 2021 and problem unresolved. If a replacement is needed - then this is another expense as the electrician has to come back - unwire the old one and re-wire the new one. Will Ring pick up the tab???

Itā€™s 1:40 a.m. and both of my flood light cams keep going on and off. There is nothing different, there is nothing out there, and because this has been happening for a few nights now im seriously considering changing services. This thread provez there is a problem with Ring.

Ring has a firmware issue if this many people have the exact same issue. Further the suggested fixes do not work. Why would they when everyone is reporting no change to environment along with an operational product without issue prior.

There are no changes to environment or the settings but the light keeps turning on and off after being in operation without issue?

Tried all the suggested fixes and they DO NOT work as you have a firmware issue.

I had to force a light schedule so it doesnā€™t turn on all night but this defeats the purpose of having motion activated lights.

To re-iterate for ring there is no motion causing the on/off. No change to environment, product was working and now light goes and then turns back on 5 seconds later

Let us know when the firmware update goes through or if there is a hardware defect that manifests at a later date post install

1 Like

Chiming in to say that mine does this too. Iā€™ve set a tight motion zone with no moving objects in it - and the lights go off constantly.

Any chance you have a picture or a more detailed explanation for us non electrician folks?