Floodlight cam keeps turning on and off

Thanks for the expert input. I have 3 flood cams only one is acting up where when it initially detects motion, it’ll turn off at the set interval but then turn on again and cycle that way until I shut off the motion light option. Or turn on a porch light that is next to the camera. Only when the porch light is on will the camera cycle off after motion. As if it’s detecting sufficient light already that it doesn’t need to turn on.

Do you think my one camera out of the three got A bad update? My other 2 turn off after motion with no issues.

Two out of three are working as designed? Perhaps if I return the current unit for the second time, I can achieve those same odds. On my last reply, I misspoke while in a rush; there are two motion sensors — not cameras. To add insult to injury, not only do the lights go on/off when they want— when I drive my car in the driveway they don’t come on at all until I’m inside the house.

There is a workaround for those of us who are experiencing problems — buy an additional motion sensor at HD and install it on the top knockout. Wire the lights to the load side of the additional sensor, and put the malfunctioning Ring sensor on the line side. This way your lights will work when there is motion, and you will still have access to the Ring camera. Don’t forget to turn off the ‘Motion Activated Lights’ (the real culprit here). These are not cheap products. Customers shouldn’t have to find workarounds at this price point.

I hope this helps some of those experiencing the same problems everyone else seems to be having.

Similar issues. Device keeps turning on after going off. Firmware updated. Has signal. No motion. Seems to be the same as others that have posted. Hoping for a firmware fix soon. Have tunred lights off for now.

We bought a floodlight cam from Costco in November 2020 and found the light kept getting on and off. We had to go to the Device Settings --> Light Settings, and turned off Motion-Activated Lights and then turned it on after the light got off. But once a motion triggered the light, it went to the same cycle (on and off).

Found this thread… I tried adjusting the light motion detection zone but it didn’t work out. Thought it was the firmware issue but it was up to date… I was very frustrated and disappointed with Ring.

Somehow an idea came up… I went to adjust the angle of the two lights to make them face lower… BOOM! Problem solved!!

Maybe the light sensors are too sensitive? But it can’t explain that adjusting the light motion zone didn’t work. It still remains a myth but mine is working now, at least for last night.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

I have had to switch my lights off permanently .They were coming on and off all the time at night.