Floodlight cam and wild animals

Hi

I have two floodlight cams and one of them always detects animals even though all cams are set to people only mode!

Here is one example https://ring.com/share/7e50bba8-481a-4d90-8dd8-df19746b02ee

The camera is one of the first ring floodlight cams and I’m wondering if maybe the earlier cams are more sensitive as my other cam is 2years newer and that doesn’t have any issues!

Hi @TeslaChris! Is there a difference in mounting height between the two? If both Floodlight Cameras have the same motion settings configured, the operation should certainly be the same. Keep in mind that the environment does change by mounting area, thus there may be an environmental factor at play here such as mounting height.

As stated in our People Only Mode help center article, occasionally when in People Only Mode, light reflection, as from an outside window, can activate motion detection. If you’re getting a lot of unwanted notifications look for reflective surfaces that may be shining light onto your device. This instance may be due to reflection of movement, or the lights being triggered and then reflecting back. Fine tuning this will be best done through trial and error. Perhaps try without people only enabled on this camera. I hope this helps! :slight_smile: