Ring Security Cameras

Browse posts, comment, and join in the discussion about Ring’s indoor and outdoor cameras.
P
Floodlight activates by sound
hardwired-security-cameras
troubleshooting
My floodlight cams will turn on the light from a local sound, not just motion. Can I adjust the mic sensitivity so the light doesn't come on so quickly? But leaving the motion sensitivity as is.

06-12-2023 03:12:04

Responses (2)

J
Hi @PunkFunk. The floodlights on your Floodlight Cam are operated by passive infrared heat detection and have a radius of 270 degrees. The camera unit on your Floodlight Cam notifies you of movement within the camera’s field of view and has a range of 140 degrees. As a result, there will be times when something outside the range of the camera activates the lights. I would recommend adjusting your Light Sensitivity and Motion Zones for Lights. These options can be found in your Camera's Device Settings under Light Settings.

07-12-2023 05:44:55

S

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

06-01-2024 05:45:34

Didn't find an answer ?

Log in or create your Ring account to post a question and join in the on the conversation.

Most Helpful Members

W

windracer

User
Solution

J

Jventerprises

User
Solution

R

Rick_Madik

User